6.19.2007

Three cheers for SC elected officials.

I knew there was something about this guy that I didn't like.

Unfortunately, I think I may have voted for him in the general election, although I'm sure I did not vote for him in the primary. At the time, I didn't have any reason to dislike him, other than some concern over a couple issues such as the fact that his 2004 U.S. Senate campaign was hit with a fine of almost $20,000 for reporting violations--which, according to this article, Ravenel explained as an "oversight." I don't have a citation at the moment, but I seem to recall that his business in Charleston was also in a bit of trouble for some sort of (similar?) issue. Nothing too serious, I don't think, but enough to make me wonder whether electing Ravenel was really in the state's best interest.

The story has made more than local news websites.

No comments: