11.09.2006

My cell phone is alive!

This is a big answer to prayer: My cell phone works!

Here's the story, for those of you who care:

Short version: I "baptized" my phone on Sunday night. (By immersion. None of this sprinkling stuff!) The phone, miraculously, still works.

Long version: I answered my phone Sunday night while I was washing dishes. I foolishly decided to finish washing the dishes while I talked, and my phone fell into the dishwater. Thankfully, I was able to get the battery out before it short-circuited; I rinsed off the soap, took apart as much of the phone as I could, and let it dry for a couple of days. (I helped along the drying process by occasionally holding it in front of my hairdryer--on the cool setting!--and by setting it by the side of my computer that generates a warm breeze.) I put the phone back together last night, and, miraculously, it still works!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

heh - I've done that before only I was cleaning a toilet...thankfully in the last stages thereof.

Becca said...

yay! I bought a new phone Friday. My old one was a bit past retirement age and had a bad habit of not working (think one step above a tin can with a string). I still miss it, but I have to say my new-fangled one sure is fancy!

mel said...

Joanna--I did a couple google searches on how to dry out a cell phone, and was surprised at how many people said they'd dropped their phones in the toilet (not always a clean, or even a flushed, toilet). I'm glad you at least had the toilet almost clean! :) Did the phone survive?