12.27.2005

Scary...

I just found an old journal of mine from my junior year of high school. It's rather entertaining to see what I thought was important, interesting, and/or amusing when I was 16 and 17 years old. I must admit, though, that I'm glad I wasn't blogging back then and displaying my stupidity and immaturity for the entire world to see. It's bad enough that there's written evidence tucked away in a little spiral-bound notebook in my room!

This does make me wonder: how many people are out there reading my blog and thinking, "What an idiot this 'mel' person is!" What will I think if I go back and read my blog entries in six or seven years? (Will they be archived that long?) Perhaps I'd better be careful what I write. =)

Another thought: reviewing my high school journals will, I think, encourage me to be more patient with any teenagers I deal with. It reminds me that I'm not so far removed from their level of maturity. And that it's only by the grace of God that I have progressed at all.

No comments: