1.03.2006

Car trouble II

Well, my "inexpensive" repair ended up costing $400 because of a leaky water pump that had to be replaced. I suppose, though, that an occasional expensive repair is still better than having to make a monthly payment for a car. (As a graduation gift, my parents gave me the car that I'd been driving the past few years.)

I woke up yesterday morning with a song stuck in my head, which doesn't usually happen. I can't remember the exact words now, but it was about God's goodness. As I hummed the song to myself while I got ready for work, I sort of wondered what "bad" thing was going to happen that would tempt me to forget that God is good all the time. I guess the car thing was it. I pray that the Lord will use this trial (although it is incredibly small compared to what others face!) to make me more like Christ.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers." Romans 8:28-29

No comments: