2.10.2006

Irritating songs!

Great news, everyone--I've found songs that are more irritating that "It's a Small World After All"!

You're probably asking, "What songs are those?" They're the songs that I've been listening to at work for 20 hours/week over the past five to six weeks. For those of you who don't routinely spend obscene amounts of time in the same retail store, allow me to enlighten you: The same songs play over and over and over and... well, you get the picture. Poor (and I do mean "poor") sales associates don't get a lot of variety.

After I have been subjected to the same songs countless times, they begin to stick in my head. And I actually start to learn (and think about) the words. (Side note: This sounds like a good reason to teach doctrinally sounds hymns to any kids I may have in the future. Eventually, they'll start to think about them.)

Anyway, tonight I decided to look up some lyrics from the most irritating songs and post parts of them so you all can share in the blessing. Here are a few...


Man you really freak me out
I'm so afraid of you

And when I lose my cool

I don't know what to do

I know you don't mean no harm

Your just doing your thing

But man you really freak me out


Take a message for my love, Take a message for my love Take a message

Take a message for my love, Take a message for my love Take a message

Take a message for my love, Take a message for my love Take a message

Take a message for my love, Take a message


One way or another, I'm gonna find ya'

I'm gonna get ya', get ya', get ya', get ya'
One way or another, I'm gonna win ya'
I'm gonna get ya', get ya' ,get ya', get ya'
One way or another, I'm gonna see ya'
I'm gonna meet ya', meet ya', meet ya', meet ya'
One day maybe next week, I'm gonna meet ya'
I'm gonna meet ya', I'll meet ya'
I will drive past your house and if the lights are all down
I'll see who's around

[more "getcha," "see ya," and "meet ya"]

And if the lights are all out I'll follow your bus downtown
See who's hangin' out
One way or another, I'm gonna lose ya'
I'm gonna give you the slip
A slip of the lip or another I'm gonna lose ya'
I'm gonna trick ya', I'll trick ya'
One way or another, I'm gonna lose ya'
I'm gonna trick ya', trick ya', trick ya', trick ya'

[More about stalking the person and then losing him]


Right now I'm listening to Mozart horn concerti in an attempt to remove the work-related "music" from my brain. I can't wait to start my new job!

No comments: