2.16.2006

More job news!

My new job is going well so far. I'm definitely enjoying being in a nice, quiet office! (No inane rock songs to get lodged in my brain!)

Although getting this job was definitely an answer to prayer (as was the pay--exactly the hourly rate I'd prayed for!), I've still been praying for the Lord to provide the money I'll need for grad school. The new job is definitely helping, but I'm pretty sure it's still not going to be enough. I've been planning to continue working my other job part-time for the 2 1/2 months that the new job is only part-time.

Well, today I was asked if I would be willing to add part-time hours in another department to the hours I'm working in my current department for approximately 6 weeks. Of course, I'm definitely willing to do that! I was told that I may even be able to work some overtime.

One concern I had about the additional hours was regarding my weekend plans. Since I was supposed to be part-time for several weeks, I was hoping to go work a few weekends at the Wilds. I thought that working more hours might preclude that. I asked the lady in the second department in which I'll be working if I might be able to leave early on one or two Fridays in order to work at a camp. She said that would probably be fine. In fact, she actually knew about the Wilds already because of a BJU grad that worked in her department several years ago!

Isn't it amazing how the Lord works everything out the way He wants, even when we forget/neglect to pray about it? (And isn't it amazing how infrequently we realize that? And that we--or at least, I--usually realize it only when things work out how we want them to?)

No comments: